Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fourth of July! Fourth Week!! (7/1/2013)

I've been out over a month! Nearly a month in the field. The time has just flown by!

We went to a missionary getting set apart on Tuesday and that kid I told you about who we were trying to help read the Book of Mormon announced he'd be going on a mission! I question his motives, but that's probably me not having sufficient faith in people. He's made great progress and he's smiling a lot more and praying so it's awesome.

This week was kinda rough with the companionship as Sister and I will be leaving Jo City on the fifteenth (happy birthday becky!) and she's flying home on the seventeenth.

We've also had to drop two people this week because they haven't progressed since March. Hopefully we'll be able to visit them in a little while and try to help them again.

But we met a new woman who we might be able to teach! Her name's Christine (Don't worry chrissy, she looks nothing like you so I don't get confused). She's had some pretty intense trials, but she seems willing to change and gets a lot of comfort from the Lord already so hopefully she'll progress :D

The push for more referrals and more active member missionaries has had varying effects. The bishop of one ward is awesome, helping us keep busy and contact people who need to be contacted. I think the ward members will follow soon enough. Seriously, watch the broadcast. It said all those who were interested in Missionary work were to attend which is everyone! And I know you can find the little videos of it on youtube.

We're moving today! I'll still be in Joseph City, but on the other side of town. The location isn't the greatest since it's near the edge of town, but the house is clean and there aren't any bugs and there's a working dishwasher! It's the size of a tupperware, but it works! The upstairs "loft" has such a short ceiling you have to crouch and you can't put the bed on a frame so we'll see if they let us sleep there... but I hope they do! It looks cozy.

Tomorrow I get to go to the doctor to find out why my foot went numb those few times, yay! Don't worry, whatever it is, all I have to do is not walk too fast and nothing happens. I'm getting awesome abs though since it's like the only workout I can do that doesn't mess with my calves.

Fourth of July night we're driving out to Tuba City for Zone Conference the next day. I don't even know where it is on the map. Actually, for the first few weeks I didn't even know what state I was in since I drove into New Mexico and hadn't seen where Jo City was on the map. And it all looks the same so I just thought we were still in New Mexico. I got it down now, though.

Oh and yes, we were out walking when it was 104. Messa (sp?) got to 120, though. Which is gross and yet another reason why I hesitate to ever live in a big city. But we lived and I didn't even get sunburned. Though I am already low on sunscreen. I put on like three layers throughout the day. We get rides a lot though, because the ward members love us. Seriously, we're like celebrities here.

Anyway, I gotta get to cleaning and finish packing. Happy Fourth of July week! Have yummy food and please, someone go swimming for me!!! Every time we pass by sprinklers my comp has to hold me back. (That's an exaggeration, but not by much)

Love you all!!!!

Love,
Whatever you wanna call me. Sister Askren, Bitsy, Elisabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment