Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

First Week of Second Transfer! 7th Week (7/22/2013)



Hi!!
Sister Pielstick (peel-stick like a sticker) is her name and she's awesome. It was hard to see Sister Stewart go but the day of it was all okay and I felt calm and happy to be moving forward. Her style is totally different, but I'm so excited for what she can teach me. I've already learned so much! I'm working to get my brain to think like a Preach My Gospel missionary and I think she's the one to help me get there. We reached our lesson goal and we didn't even work for three days because of transfers! Seriously, the blessings of striving for exact obedience and really implementing Preach My Gospel have changed SO MUCH about how I think about the work.
And I love this work more and more every day. Seriously, everyone. I LOVE THIS. So. Much. There is still so much to implement and to grow and reach and strive, but we are going to accomplish our goals. God is with us, why wouldn't He want us to teach so many of His children?
We have two new investigators and they both have baptismal dates for September! We met them in our first lesson together on Wednesday. They'd been taught before but had forgotten most of everything so we started with square one. They're Navajo and sisters- Laureena and Colleen. Laureena has seven children and Colleen has one and they live together in a single wide trailer with Laureena's husband (we don't know if it's a legal marriage, it might just be a Navajo one, but whatever we'll cross the bridge when we get to it, right?) and I think another sister or something. They're awesome and Laureena came to church!
Honestly, there are so many lessons this past week that just rocked. I'm trying to speak by the Spirit more and sometimes I get a little discouraged, but I know that's just Satan and I know I can get better with the Lord's help (and more role-plays).
And this work is SO TRUE. As I've been teaching more and more by the Spirit, my testimony is strengthened so much! I know God loves us. I know His truth is revealed through the prophets. I know that the Book of Mormon is convincing evidence that Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith was chosen by God to restore God's Kingdom on earth.

Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Oh, and a centipede CRAWLED OUT OF THE SINK AFTER I HAD JUST SPIT MY TOOTHPASTE INTO IT. So gross. We sprayed it with bathroom cleaner because that's all we had on hand and it WOULDN'T DIE. So I used a fork to put it in a dust pan and we dumped it outside. BUT IT CAME OUT OF THE SINK. Needless to say that all drains will be plugged until they are needed.

Love you all. And if you send a package this next transfer, please send it priority or I won't get it until next transfer, which would stink. And I love you all.

Chrissy, I HEARD YOUR VOICE. It was so epic. Don't worry, I'll memorize Becky's phone number too so that doesn't happen again... But I heard you! it was awesome. Sorry if you were at work or something.

Jaden, can you forward this to Sister Stewart? I forgot to bring her email address.

oh and there are humming birds here! how cool is that?

Love you all,
Sister Askren

Sister Elisabeth Askren
400 W Apache st
Farmington, NM 87401

"It's crawling out of the sink, sister; it's crawling out of the sink"

[Editor's note: I tried to post pictures that were sent for this email, but there was something wrong with them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment