Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crazy week of craziness- Fifth Week (7/8/2013)

Hi!!!!
I love you all.
Also, last week was insane! Sister goes home next week and it's starting to affect things, but we hope to power through and end on a high note. We moved!! It's awesome. And tiny. And the "upstairs" isn't tall enough for us to stand in and we sleep there and Sister's been banging her head nearly every morning. The Fourth was kinda crazy, we did some planning and things and then we went to the town's little celebration and watched kids catching a chicken and the rooster from one of those games threw up on my purse and I tried not to freak out even though I was so grossed out and wondering if it got on the spout of my water bottle and so happy I had my purse closed else it would have gotten on my scriptures. Joy. I also had a dog pee on my hand and I STEPPED ON A CENTIPEDE. In our new house. With only a thin little no-show sock on. I freaked out, Sister was preoccupied in the bathroom and I was still gaining the courage to pick it up when she came out, grabbed it's still wriggling little body and flushed it. SO GROSS. It felt like a gummy worm under my foot. Kinda hilarious, I like telling that story.

Anyway, we left in the afternoon to go to zone conference about two-three hours away. Normally we go to someplace closer- flagstaff, but it just got swallowed by the phoenix mission so it's not allowed. Anyway, we went to the illustrious TUBA CITY which is not very illustrious but it is barely city like. We slept there and before we went to bed we lit little sparklers and messed around (aka stood outside in the church parking lot and tried to find all the used sparkler sticks we'd thrown when they'd been used. The sparklers took ten minutes to light! They were found in one of our apartments in the Sister Trainer Leader's area and no one knew how old they were) I left my awesome purple towel in that apartment... I may never see it again ;(

lol anyway, conference was epic and I learned a ton and it was so spiritual

Oh! I almost forgot, my foot is fine, dumb thing. I'm probably dehydrated and it'll act normal over time as I continue to push it to it's limit and then back off. I actually had a temperature of 99 degrees and they acted like it was normal and just said to drink more water :P I'm such a goose. But! Because we were in Winslow-about 20 miles away- we weren't out walking so we were saved from getting welts and bruises like others did when the hail storm came in. For fifteen minutes the rain and hail came down and tree limbs fell and people freaked out and we were fine! Safe and sound taking a picture on the corner in Winslow AZ like in that Eagles song or whatever famous band, one of those tourist things I wouldn't've done normally but did anyway, don't judge me lol.

But we were safe, and we didn't get hurt from the storm! Yay! Gardens have been trashed in town though, we don't really know how that'll affect the winter months, so many people here have gardens, but I don't know if they live off of them, it'll definitely affect they're budgets though. We're trying to help out as much as we can and hopefully tomorrow we can help with some irrigation at a farm. Most of the time we don't hear about service to do until it's already done and the townsfolk have already taken care of it.

I totally love this gospel. It's sister's last week like I said before, and we've just had this outpouring of love from people and I hope I can do as much good here as Sister has. We'll see I guess.

I love you all, stay safe!!!

-Sister Askren


P.S.
ESTEE ARTS IS ENGAGED I'm so sure most of you know already, but I'm so happy for her! She's so fantastic. And she has awesome colors planned. Everyone embarrass her and congratulate her noisily and preferably in public.

I love you all.

No seriously, I think about you guys and hope you're alright and pray for you and I just hope you guys are doing awesome. (When I'm not focused on the work of course lol)

If you don't email me or write me I assume that you've died. Even one word- "hi" is enough. Also, I don't know if all the email addresses work... so yeah could you all confirm it? And if you've written me, good. I love you. That's right, prove your love for me by writing me. hahahahaha jk jk Actually, I totally stunk at writing people on their missions, so it's cool. but can one of my sisters let me know through letter if Mom's alright? I haven't heard from her in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment