Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Last Week of the First Transfer! 6th Week (7/15/2013)

YOU ARE ALL AWESOME.
It was Sister's last week and so it's been up and down this whole time with me trying not to hate her for leaving and her trying not to hate life for leaving and just so many adjustments and last meetings for her and last lessons and SO many ward members trying to set her up with various people and showing her pictures on facebook (They looked up my blog, thank you so much Alyssa! It looks awesome) of return missionaries living where she'll be living and all this hullaballoo and I was just like "okay. This is stinky." Anyway, I got over it, she got over it and I didn't step on any centipedes this week. But I caught a horny toad!!! It was awesome I think I have a picture of it. These little girls who used to live in our house came by to play on the playset out back and showed us all the cool places to explore and it was great. Sister and I got husband points by walking in this crazy wind and rain that was just awesome. It wasn't for very long though and every time we try and walk to the other side of town some member drives up and offers a ride. Seriously, we can't walk two blocks without someone offering. It's kind of fantastic, though sometimes I worry at the hottness of my future husband because I'm not out there braving the elements and racking up points. (jkjk lol but I really do love walking and SO MANY PEOPLE fed us last week it was insane! and with all the food and all the rides I probably gained like seven pounds or something)

I forgot my planner from last week and since it's a transfer the planner I have with me doesn't include it so I really don't know what in the world happened last week besides the above mentioned. I met a lot of nice dogs this past week... The animals in general have just been awesome. And I met this crazy poodle something or other mix that was just a sweetheart.

We started teaching a crazy guy by the name of Don. He has really bad cancer and is a challenge to teach because he's a bit everywhere and crazy, but it's awesome to teach him and feel the Savior's love for him if not especially because he's so off his rocker.

I guess that's really what I've been learning the most about lately, the nature of God and how He loves all of us and thinks about us... I don't know, it's just soo interesting.

If you're into finding the talk, there's an awesome one called "Bread or Stones: Understanding the God We Pray to" by Michael Wilcox given at a byu-h devotional in two thousand... nine I think. It talks about why Heavenly Father doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to, but the way we need him to. We worship a fourth-watch God. He's so awesome and kind and loving and so fantastic.

In the Bible Dictionary there's the defenition of Faith and in there it says:
"To have faith is to have confidence in something or someone. The Lord has revealed himself and his perfect character, possessing in their fulness all the attributes of love, knowledge, justice, mercy, unchangeableness, power, and every other needful thing, so as to enable the mind of man to place confidence in him without reservation."

I really, trully believe this in my heart. Way down deep in the depths of my soul. The Lord has revealed Himself. He has all the attributes needed to enable our minds to place our whole trust in him nothing wavering. He didn't need to, He could have just been like "Hey, you, worship me, don't you know that I made you?" Instead He says, "... will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?" (3 Ne 9:13)
It's an offer, an example, a way out. He's given all this to us so that we can save ourselves, so that we can depend on Him and not lean on the arm of flesh. It is our choice that matters, no one elses. I am so so so grateful for the opportunity to declare this beautiful gospel to all the world, to learn to love others the way Christ loves all of us. I know He lives and I know He did all that the Father sent Him to do. He is my master and He has chosen me. I am filled with gratitude for this marvelous thing that is my mission. Thank you all so much for supporting me.

Love you all so much!!!

Love
Sister Askren

Sister Elisabeth Askren
400 W Apache St
Farmington, NM 87401

P.S.
Fam, I love you, thank you for updating me, don't worry about the purse, I'm getting it today or tomorrow ((Unless the one you picked is super adorable, cause I probably won't be finding a cute one here :P)). Or anything else really, except the pillow and blankies- my
companion is leaving and she's taking her blankets with her

P.P.S.
Roommates, did my driving record ever come? I kinda need it, if it didn't then let me know, I'll have to get someone to request it for me again or something. I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!

We had a tea party! Something I forgot to mention. Mama Lorenc is next to me, Grandma Fey (the awesome lady who did it all) is next to her, then Sister Stewart and then Cherri Parrish (an awesome lady with cancer who's not a member but has fanastic faith in God)




And the Horny toad!



The Thomas family! the boys are OBSESSED with wrestling- like the hilarious fake kind. The dad is an AWESOME cook. We had porkloin with sage and lemon zest and this broccoli salad with capers! Whatever those are.




Carol!! I love her. She's awesome and is working on getting her patriarchal blessing.



A TARDIS BLUE HOUSE. It was a member and they laughed at me, but I got a picture with their house!


No comments:

Post a Comment