Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Third Week! Everywhere. (6/24/2013)



This week was insane. On Tuesday we had 5 appointments. All of them fell through. We walked all over town to some of the appointments and people forgot or rescheduled or just weren't home. We at least talked to some people and tried our best, but it was the first time I'd experienced something like that so it was kinda crazy. I LOVE WEDNESDAYS. Only one appointment dropped and we were able to schedule one in it's place, we taught 7 lessons! It's awesome. We met with the Ortegas for the first time- it was awesome. The husband is so spiritual. We walked out feeling so strong. I hope so much that he gets baptized. The church is EXACTLY what he's been looking for. His wife is a sweetie, too and I think she's closer to coming than he is. So many people promised they'd come to church and a few of them kept that promise! It was awesome. Including one husband who we've been trying to encourage that family for the past two weeks it was fantastic to see them there. And this one family and since she's been teaching them Sister never saw the whole family at church and they all came on Sunday and stayed! It was great. Their son who's eight just got baptized- he's not a convert baptism because of the age, but we've taught him a lot so it feels like he is. :D It was great, we talked at the baptism about... well, baptism. lol Oh, and on Saturday we did some tracting and got harrased (verbally no worries) for standing behind the church with the whole boy scout thing. Some people just don't understand things. It was so dumb. Sister and I just bore our testimonies and tried to leave. The old man followed us out though, ugh. It was dumb. Not dangerous or anything, just sad and annoying. We are all God's children and He loves all of us equally. I'll say it until I die. This church is led by God, who wants ALL of His children to return- not just a few. He loves us all so much! He wants all of us to come unto Him and recieve the Gospel and be a member of the church. Every single person.

Silly people.

Anyway.
I was running (jogging and walking) today and normally my calves tighten up and I stretch them and they hurt and my feet go all hot and tingly so this time I thought I'd just keep going until they stopped tightening up. No bueno. My foot went numb AS I was walking. Such a weird feeling. I stopped and let it wake up... so odd. Mama Lorenc who walks with me while Sister runs in the morning massaged it for me and it hurt so bad! Apparently the tendons in my calves are super tight so that's why my calves tighten up when I exercise. My tendons were so swollen when she massaged them so I'm gonna try and ice them. But we don't really know why my foot went numb... Crazy, huh?

Oh and yesterday Sister and I gave a talk at a farewell. That was kind cool. My talk was on obedience and how loving Heavenly Father is our motivation for obedience which helps us submit our will to the Father which helps us become true disciples of Christ.

OH MY GOODNESS THAT LEADER TRAINING THING LAST NIGHT WAS SO AWESOME.
If you haven't watched it or listened to it or read it then go and do so! It totally changed missionary work and how we fulfill our responsibilities as missionaries and members. Which is so nice! People don't like tracting anymore. People that ignore us or tell us bluntly that we should never come back are super nice to their member friends and are so much more susceptible to their efforts in bringing them to a knowledge of the truth. Of course, people will still reject the lessons and stuff... but we as missionaries won't have to weed out the people who won't listen. I know it's a lot of responsibility, but hey! We've all been baptized. We've all shown that we are willing to take upon us the name of Christ it's time we started acting like it! I know we can help this work to hasten!

Oh and you guys would die of... salivating? Hunger? Envy?.... something if you found out the wonderful food I get to eat out here in Jo City. Yesterday I had a guinea fowl... that was weird... but a few nights ago we had this amazing salad. So good! We get a LOT of salads out here- the members know Sister is a devout salad-eater. I'm cool with it as long as I get some delicious meat every once in a while. Which I did from Papa Lorenc. He brought me a fried chicken leg after my work out after Mama Lorenc massaged my calf (THAT HURT SO BAD. Oh, and you say their last name like lawrence).

Oh, Mom? Can you find me a cheap night gown like the one I got for you from my work in Jackson? Mine isn't long enough and doesn't have sleeves- not very covering enough.

Oh and I think some of the chicks in the mud swallow nest were pushed out :( I only see three at the most and there used to be six.... But the ones that are left are nearly fully feathered! And I saw an ugly/cute little baby pigeon thing! Papa Lorenc raises some funny named Far Eastern pigeon- so pretty when they're adults and tumbling in the air!

Love,
Sis. Askren

Mission address:
Sister Elisabeth Askren
400 West Apache St
Farmington, NM 87401

Shout outs:
Christine: I LOVE YOUR EMAILS. Seriously, I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad you figured out what stressed you out :D.
Becky: I kinda sorta talk about you and your amazing advice all the time, it's awesome
Joe Holt: Hey! how's school? You should come join the ranks- find your conviction! I want to go to your homecoming!
Daniel Butler: I love you!
Josef: You're awesome. Also, I wish we could go shooting!
Heidi: You're awesome! You'd love the food they feed me here, it's divine! I had homemade ice cream! And my comp makes the most delicious smoothies!
Estee: I love you! You'd love my companion, she runs and runs! She ran/jogged/walked for like three hours today. I wrote my email.
Mom: I ADORE YOU. You'd love the animals out here. And Mama Lorenc! I think you'd two get along so well! And Grandma Fey- she's awesome, you'd love her house.
Curty! : I have a picture of you! I think about you a lot. I hope you're doing alright!
Danny Wells: Hey missionary! you're awesome. I totally beat you to the email this week.
Brigham: HEY! You're so cool for doing this missionary thing AND learning a language. You're gonna rock this new member missionary stuff.
Chase Hessing: Thanks so much for your email! It's true! You are going to do great things! You're testimony is strong and you'll be a great disciple your whole life! Read that talk- the will of the father in all things by elder holland, it'll help.
Isaac: Isaac! you are going to be a great missionary! I hope school and whatever else you're doing is going well!
Alyssa Eatman: YOU ARE SO FANTASTIC. I learned so much from you!
Katherine Zieman: Dearie- You. Are. Awesome. Keep dancing!
Melanie Palsky: Seriously girl, I adore you. How are you???
Jayne!! Lovely! I adore you. How's Aspen lodge???
Joy! Hey!!! how's everything??
Miriam Jones: I had casava! So so so tasty. Also, smoothies are magic with frozen fruit and yogurt and real juice. and you can make this tasty drink with mint and lime with no sugar!

If I didn't mention you it's because you haven't written me and I've forgotten about you. Just kidding! I still love you, I just need to hurry off and write my mission president!

None of my pictures of my district/zone in the mtc came through :P But I do have a pic of the birds!





That's my fantastic trainer Sister Stewart from Sacramento

No comments:

Post a Comment