Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Second Week! Powerplant! (6/17/2013)



Hey Base 26! I need my driving record! If you could send that ASAP as
soon as it gets in, that'd be awesome! If you need stamps to send it
to me, let me know! And fam if you could send my pillow and blanket
that'd be awesome!
Kinchelo! You are amazing and I loved your letter so much! Oh Asian
stationary. What did it even say at the top? My friend Rachel Jones
is going to be a counselor, too! You're going to have so much fun.
Thank you so much for your diligence and prayers.

Awesome Activities:

The powerplant was so cool! We saw inside the boiler! Totally incredible.
This kid that they'd been teaching for two months before I got here
finally started reading the Book of Mormon. My comp and her old one
and Robert's friend had been trying the entire time to build up his
testimony so Robert and his friend could go on missions together and
then we just had this incredible lesson (we went over time and totally
blew our next app it was bad... but awesome...) and he finally saw how
important it was to read it. I was so humbled to be the one who
finally reached him. Such a huge blessing!
A less active woman who hadn't been doing anything spiritual when they
first started teaching her in March finally is coming to all three
parts of church and is reading and praying and all that good stuff!
This one lady who hadn't been going to church for years finally came
when we told her we'd sit next to her in Relief Society- how silly for
it to be that silly of a thing! And we said it as a side thing when we
were saying goodbye after this ridiculously long lesson!
This one awesome family they'd been re-activating into the church got
their temple recommends renewed! The mom lost her stinky job doing
something nasty and is so much happier!
We went on exchanges this last week and were able to double our
lessons that day! It was awesome.
And And!!! we found an eleven year old who's been wanting to get
baptized for a year and he AND his entire family went to church this
sunday!
As you can see. It's been awesome.

The Will of the Father in All Things. by Holland. Read it. It'll
change your life!

Seriously. I'm changing how I see things. Work is hard because we
have to prove that no matter what we will humbly kneel before the
alter of God, give everything- our vanity, our pride, our ambition,
bow our heads silently and walk away. (paraphrased, from the talk.
read it!)

So when I get up in the morning and we go for a run and I just want to
glare at everything... I kneel. Bow my head, and walk away. It's
awesome. Because I love Him. And nothing will ever change that.

I shrunk my shirt on accident, there are mud swallows outside my front
door and there are these crazy siren birds, I think they're called
grackles. They're all over town.

Love,
Sis. Askren

Mission address:
Sister Elisabeth Askren
400 West Apache St
Farmington, NM 87401

No comments:

Post a Comment