Bitsy's address!

Write me here!
Elisabeth Askren
New Mexico Farmington Mission
400 W Apache St.
Farmington, NM 87401

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Third Week Ninth Week! (8/5/13)

I got sick this week! Yay! How fun is that? lol Not really, it was pretty miserable. (A cold with a lingering sinus infection)  I do NOT like being sick as a missionary.  My poor companion had to deal with me and find places for me to stay when she doesn't know very many people and then we had to find people to go out with her.  Needless to say she got a lot of studying done and a lot of a scarf knitted.

But it was a hard week.  My brain just does not function well with being sick.  But once more the Lord in His patience and mercy has taught me a lot.  Once more I'm shown just a little bit how great this whole mission thing is.  I'm trying to internalize something that as been difficult for me to understand.  It's okay to disagree with others.  My truths don't need validation and if someone doesn't believe as I do, that doesn't make my truths or theirs any less real.  All I know is that someday, the things I've come to know for myself will be proven at the last day when every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ.

It's been a humbling experience, and it's a humbling companionship I'm in, but it's good for me, just as the Lord planned.  And as I grow and change I'm better able to serve the people I've been called to serve.

I just want all of you to know how grateful I am to have your support and patience.  I know that this Gospel is a Gospel of peace and hope and I know for myself that it is true.

I love you all and hope that life is treating you just as our loving Heavenly Father wills.

Love,
Sister Askren

Sister Elisabeth Askren
400 W Apache st
Farmington, NM 87401

No comments:

Post a Comment